Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Our Discovery Weekend

This could be the most important part of our wedding preparation.. or should I say "marriage preparation". Last Feb 3-5 we attended Discovery Weekend and can you just imagine we're going to a retreat and we are fighting on our way there? =P it's funny I know and very immature. Jeff was late for the 5pm call time we agreed on. We left the house at 6:15(?) and we're suppose to be there by 7pm (for the dinner hehe). Good thing we made it on time and got reason to smile for the initial pose for the pictures. Ooops! Warning though for jane.. spoiler din toh! =D

I'm really glad I didn't read Geri's blog entry of their DW, at least Jeff and I are both clueless of what's gonna happen. This is one of the "firsts" that we have shared together.

I have known Jeff for 5 years now and I just realized that I'm missing the chance of appreciating his endearing qualities. Yes I do know that he's loving, fun to be with..etc. and I just asked myself "why do they have to introduce that way?" maybe for us to take some time to recognize the worth of our partner. Usually kasi, we give more attention to the negative side of the person.

With DW we learned the proper way to dialogue, not just talk, but dialogue. It's been a habit for us to talk about things we are arguing about. Khet na pag saraduhan ko pa yan ng pinto, still mag uusap pa rin kme nyan. We realized why our "talks" were unsuccessful, it's because we are not considering the feelings of the other person concerned. Why he acted that way.. why I'm acting like this..just by empathizing pala you'll be able to understand your partner.

I'm very happy that Jeff participated very well, actually mas meaningful pa nga mga love letters nya kesa sa mga letters ko..=D I thought nga matutulog lang yan at mangungulit, but the opposite happened. We weren't able to finish all the dialogues and sharing.. so may mga pending assignments kame kumbaga and yes, the "dialogues" need to continue even after DW.

Nakakahiya pa nga kasi sa last part I cried sa sharing haha! All of a sudden I remembered our college recollection. You just let your emotions go, over the shoulder of a dear friend. And this time, I've let my feelings go, with my partner holding my hands. Not caring of what people will say about me, about us. The important thing is, I have Jeff beside me..who believes in me.

The Lord has always been with us all through out. We admit na we tend to forget HIM pag super okay ang lahat. But HE's the only one who knows us inside out. Parati nga namin prayer.."please help us stay together.." Ü with DW, mas naging aware kame of our responsibilities as Christians.
Thanks to Geri who gave us the idea about Discovery Weekend and to all w@wies who shared all their insights about it.. didn't have the time to chat with fellow w@wies, sina Ade,Rhea & Nap, and others. My roommate si Trina and her partner Allan (na kasundo ni Jeff sa biruan! =D) hehe! I had a great Discovery Weekend. Super enjoy and very meaningful..Ü

4 comments:

jane said...

heya anshe.. question naman aku.. i dont think we'll have time to attend the discovery weekend before the wedding.. can we do it after? would they still allow us? =)

beng said...

nice anshe! sometimes, we just have to rekindle what we have, and it's like falling in love all over again. =)

anshe said...

hi jane, yes pwede pa kayo mag DW even after the wedding.. pero mas ok sana if you can attend before the wedding..meron nga dun, the weekend before their wedding sila um-attend. Ü tas nga pala, db you'll need pre-cana seminar? pwede na kasi ung certificate from DW.

anshe said...

yep harbs, na mention din kasi na sa stages of a relationship, meron talaga 'disillusionment' and it is a choice na lang between the partners to stay in love and true to their commitment. Ü galing noh?
naisip ko lang.. cguro pag galit na lang ako kay Jeff, batuhin ko na lang sya unan(para malambot!) habang sinasabi na "mahal kasi kita kaya kita binabato!" haha! joke lang naman.. para lang maalala ko na dapat may touch of love pa din haha!