Wednesday, August 16, 2006

the Big news

the big news is may work na ako!! *clap-clap* *with matching talon*

yep.. i signed already and I'll be starting first week of September.

ever since we came here SG, wala kame ginawa ni Jeff kundi mag online sa JobsDB and Jobstreet.. hubby used to buy Straight Times every morning, browse through the classifieds and in the afternoon..we would rent sa Downtown East for an internet connection. so we can send our CVs sa mga nakita namin(sa newspaper). Buti na lang nandito si Raymond. He's lending us his pc at night so we can save. I remember, first night namin in SG, pinahiram na kame ni Jun(housemate namin) ng laptop, so work na kami agad..

as in everyday we're sending applications. doble-doble na nga eh..
i even used my kakapalan ng mukha d2. kasi i've been sending my application to a certain agency, wherein I can see that I meet their requirements naman.. pero ni acknowledgement email na " we are received your blah-blah.. and are reviewing.." chuva wala man lang.. i searched for the contact details of the company and looked for the particular agent. as in sinabi ko na "I've been sending you emails but I haven't got any feedback from you." oh diba ang taray ng lola.. hehe! eh di in-interview nya ako on the spot. yun nga lang ng marinig ang aking asking salary eh wala daw sila opening for now? hallur? pero anyway.. eh di tinigilan ko sya.. ang impt me closure hahaha! arte. tama ba yun? =P

pag dating namin d2 SG, I emailed Renie(a friend from Citibank) and I was able to talk to him. Sya po ang isa sa instrument why I got this job. kasi he refered me to his previous agency. nakaka tuwa kasi pilipino din pala yung agent, si Ms.Catherine. Nakakatuwa si Ms.Cathy kasi sobrang bilib sya sa kapwa pinoy. She gave me confidence para hindi kabahan sa interviews. Thanks Ms.Cathy! =)


For the first week, we received calls from different companies..agencies for me.. kay Jeff puro mga direct companies which is better db? swerte ko pa din kasi most ng mga tumawag sa aken puro mababait. so wait lang ako ng mga schedule ng mga interviews. then on the second week I attended interviews na..and Jeff became shortlisted already. I'm so happy for my hubby. =) It seems na meant for him yung work nya. kasi he can see himself growing with the company daw. sana nga mahal you'll be able to stay there for as long as you want.

as for me.. simple na lang yung naging desisyon ko.. I chose the job inline with my experience, (.Net), then yung growth, it'll come my way I know.. for as long as i'm doing my best. since its a new beginning, I'll start down below. =)
besides, He has given us all that we have prayed for.. ngayon paba naman ako mag doubt? I entrust to Him everything. =)

ngayon lang ata ako na-excite ng ganito about my new work.. kasi first mejo malapit lang yung office ni Jeff sa magiging office ko.. second, the same yung schedule namin.. so we can walk every morning.. then go home in the evening ng sabay, or at least meet up sa station.. enjoy pa naman kame sa community dito.. so almost a dream come true.. almost kasi dream ko may car kame.. hehe! but still i'm so happy about it. =)

right now im alone here sa room.. i miss my Ilo.. =( uwi ka agad mahal..
nasa pinas sya, taking care of the things we need to settle. gusto ko umuwi pero hindi practical.
he's coming back sunday.. hopefully magawa nya lahat ng nasa list.. wawa naman..
importante sa list ko is yung kikay set ko.. kasi lalo ako umiitim dito kakalakad.. =(
saka na ko bibili ng papaya soap hehe!

hmm... kita-kits tayo? libre ko kayo!!!..... pag sumweldo na ko.. mwehehhe! =D

* I hope that I'll be able to inspire other people to just dream and work hard for it. for as long as you have faith, you'll get it. thanks to all my friends who prayed for us too. =)

5 comments:

beng said...

congrats ulet anshe!!! and again, just wanna let you know that je and i are so happy for you guys! =) sige, meet tayo for your treat. US or SG? mwehehehe! ;-)

ReN!e said...

hi anna... hahaha.. i'm so happy for you... grabe tagal ng walng updates ng blog mo ah... :) CONGRATS... di pa tayo nagkikita d2... hahaha.. cencya na busy recently, pero since may work ka na d2 for sure magkikita din tayo one of this day... :)

Sobrang happy me for you... Okay lang mag-start sa mababa at least pagtumataas ang level mo mas lalo mo itong na-eenjoy.

Congrats ulet... :)

anshe said...

salamat po ng marami..=)

harbie, US! naks naman..pero kelangan mo kame i-tour..so SG na lang =P

renie, sana pag may work ka mag kita tayo.. =D kasi hindi pwede pag naka-bakasyon ka, cross country ang trip mo eh.. hehehe! =P

Anonymous said...

hey! i missed u (and ur blog updates)! sooo glad to know u and jeff are doing fine there.. =) seems like ur living ur dream. He's really good. Amen to that.

hope to see you there! ampunin nyo muna ko.. hehe

jane said...

heya! didnt know na nandito ka na =S i guess coz of the wedding preps and all.. where's your new job? =)